Egyptian Maus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Egyptian Maus

All about Egyptian Maus, the only naturally spotted domestic cat and the first domestic cat, likely worshipped back in ancient Egypt.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Indoor/Outdoor cats

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
semina_mamasoula

semina_mamasoula

Indoor/Outdoor cats Empty
PostSubject: Indoor/Outdoor cats   Indoor/Outdoor cats EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 11:36 am

Hi, Can anyone please tell me if egyptian maus are indoor or outdoor cats??? Please reply.
Back to top Go down
tmclemore

tmclemore

PostSubject: Re: Indoor/Outdoor cats   Indoor/Outdoor cats EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 10:48 am

semina_mamasoula wrote:
Hi, Can anyone please tell me if egyptian maus are indoor or outdoor cats??? Please reply.

All cats have the ability to be indoor or outdoors, the Egyptian Mau is no exception to that. However, I would NEVER even dream of letting my girl be an outdoor cat! For starters, these are exceptionally beautiful and rare cats (hence the price!), and there are too many dishonest people out there that would be quick to snatch such a gorgeous animal instead of paying for it themselves. Also, outdoor cats run the risk of falling into the hands of sick and twisted persons who snatch animals and sell them for unthinkable horrific animal testing.   pale  **shudder**

The majority of Egyptian Mau breeders - especially the reputable ones - will include in the adoption contract the condition that the cat be an indoor cat, and not allowed outside - for the reasons mentioned above, as well as many other reasons. Outdoor cats are automatically at risk for feline diseases, attack by other animals (dogs, larger cats, bobcats, etc.), getting hit by a car....the list goes on.

I signed an adoption contract that my girl will be strictly indoors, and I have no intention of deviating from that. She has two cat trees (soon to be three), countless toys, and a kitty mom who provides plenty of love and play time.....and trust me, she is one happy indoor kitten!  bounce 

I realize that others may have differing opinions on this subject.....but speaking for myself, I want my girl to have a long, healthy, happy life.....and it's up to me to make sure she has just that, and that I do what I can to protect her.

If you do adopt a Mau, I strongly recommend that you find and work with a breeder who has an indoors only condition written into the adoption contract. Believe me when I say you'll enjoy this cat more than you ever could have imagined!

Ok, I'm off my soapbox now.....carry on Smile

Last edited by tmclemore on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.visionsbytammy.photoshelter.com
kato

kato

PostSubject: Re: Indoor/Outdoor cats   Indoor/Outdoor cats EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 3:34 pm

I totally agree with tmclemore' Mau's should be indoor cats and its exactly for all the good reasons said in their post, it was also in our contract that we kept them indoors.
Back to top Go down
semina_mamasoula

semina_mamasoula

PostSubject: Re: Indoor/Outdoor cats   Indoor/Outdoor cats EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 3:06 pm

Thanks for the ryply, but could you suggest me any good breeders in europe? (if you know any) Smile
Back to top Go down
semina_mamasoula

semina_mamasoula

PostSubject: Re: Indoor/Outdoor cats   Indoor/Outdoor cats EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 3:07 pm

Back to top Go down
tmclemore

tmclemore

PostSubject: Re: Indoor/Outdoor cats   Indoor/Outdoor cats EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 4:41 pm

I'm sorry, but I don't know of any breeders in Europe. Your original question was whether or not you feel Maus should be indoors or outdoor cats, which is what I responded to. I would ask the question about finding a breeder in Europe in a different thread, separate from this one. If you notice, there is a section of the forum just for this purpose titled 'Getting an Egyptian Mau'. I would start there, you might have better luck. I would also do a google search for a breeder in Europe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.visionsbytammy.photoshelter.com
semina_mamasoula

semina_mamasoula

PostSubject: Re: Indoor/Outdoor cats   Indoor/Outdoor cats EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 4:43 pm

thanks
Back to top Go down
kato

kato

PostSubject: Re: Indoor/Outdoor cats   Indoor/Outdoor cats EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi, I see you are in Greece, semina' (we are in the U.K ) and are members of the' Egyptian Mau Club'  if you Google this  site it has a list of breeders a lot of them are in Europe. I hope this helps  Very Happy

Last edited by kato on Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
semina_mamasoula

semina_mamasoula

PostSubject: Re: Indoor/Outdoor cats   Indoor/Outdoor cats EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 4:57 pm

thank you that helped me sooooo much!Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indoor/Outdoor cats   Indoor/Outdoor cats Empty

Back to top Go down

Indoor/Outdoor cats
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Egyptian Maus :: Egyptian Maus :: All About Maus-
Jump to: