Egyptian Maus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Egyptian Maus

All about Egyptian Maus, the only naturally spotted domestic cat and the first domestic cat, likely worshipped back in ancient Egypt.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introduce your Mau!

Go down 
+10
annie10
DestinySara
piapoopie
KuroKat
Bostexan
tanga
Felix26
KatP1985
Laura_Wintermuse
Admin
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kato

kato

Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Mau!   Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi Laura, I just love your Maus, Wintermuse is beautiful  Smile and Solstice is soooo cute. Our two Maus have that little tuft of hair on the tips of their ears as well.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
kato

kato

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Mau!   Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 4:33 pm

She is home with me now and adjusting great......she is far more than I could asked for in a bbay kitty, and is very quickly taking over my household! More pics to come soon Smile[/quote]

Looking forward to seeing more pics  Very Happy of your new Mau.
Back to top Go down
tmclemore

tmclemore

PostSubject: More about Nathalia Grace   Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 9:02 pm

Hi again  Smile

Solstice is beautiful and he looks like such a character! Congrats on the newest member to your family, Laura!

I thought I would share a couple of pics of Nathalia I've taken, as well as some of her parents. You mentioned the differences between the Maus from the different breeders....I too noticed this when I first began considering adopting one. Nat's ears are big, you are so spot on with that. One of my co-workers has decided to call her BatCat and sends me a new picture everyday with some sort of reference to the underground superhero, BatCat. It's annoying and cute all at once Smile  

So, here are her parents, Mojo and Jasmine. Mojo has the build of a boy Mau, a bit stockier and thicker through the head and shoulders than most female Maus. Jasmine has the more slender build, with the more defined lines usually associated with a Mau. Mojo's spots are darker and his undercoat lighter than Jasmine's.....Jasmine's coat is a darker silver than Mojo's, so her spots are not as defined as Mojo's.

[url=<a]Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 Jasmine_zps3825e65c[/url]">Jasmine

[url=<a]Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 Mojo_zps9734cf57[/url]">Mojo

Nathalia has the really dark spots like her daddy, but the slightly darker coat like her mom. She still has her kitten fuzzies, so I'm not sure how her coat will develop as she grows up. Below are just a couple of pics taken with my phone since she's been home with me. I'll upload better ones soon, but I hope you like these in the meantime

[url=<a]Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 5ae094e3-6724-463a-a7e5-95f2ff8ca103_zpsed71a957[/url]">Nat crashed on me after her first spaz session in her new home

[url=<a]Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 NatandCamera_zps99ff3128[/url]">Here she is sizing up my camera....notice the biting of the blanket. Obviously this makes her more ferocious and intimidating Wink

We are still getting to know each other, but I've had her long enough to know I made the right choice. I'll post more as she grows, and I want to see more of Solstice and Wintermuse as well! How are they getting along now?
Back to top Go down
http://www.visionsbytammy.photoshelter.com
tmclemore

tmclemore

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Mau!   Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:09 pm

Laura, you asked me to post pics of my girl as she grows up......here is a recent one from about a month ago She will be 6 months old on Wednesday, and is such an incredible kitty Smile

Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 Imagejpg1_zps6ecaa3b4

Back to top Go down
Laura_Wintermuse

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Mau!   Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:44 pm

Ah! What a lovely lady. She's grown into those ears a little. Smile Funny expression on her face, like you just interrupted her favorite TV show. Wink She looks spirited. Thanks for sharing!

My Wintermuse has a very sculpted face, and Solstice, so far, has a very round, snow-cat-esque face. Nathalia looks to be in the middle. It'll be interesting to see if the faces change when she (and Solstice) hit the 1-year mark.
Back to top Go down
tmclemore

tmclemore

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Mau!   Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Thank you......but are you sure about that growing into her ears remark? Smile She is indeed spirited, and unusually sweet.....I can't imagine ever having another cat other than a Mau at this point Smile 

*edit - someone else's picture of their cat uploaded instead of mine......here is a recent shot of Nat, with those ears of hers. I'm not sure I really want her to grow into them Wink

Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 <a href=Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 Imagejpg1_zps025e5bac" />
Back to top Go down
Laura_Wintermuse

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Mau!   Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 EmptySun May 04, 2014 7:14 pm

Ohhh. No, those are still giant ears! Savannah cat ears!

My cats like to sleep in between my computer desk and the window like that. They disappear behind the curtain so it is like peekaboo.
Back to top Go down
curiousjim

curiousjim

PostSubject: Introducing Tycho Quicksilver and Re   Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 10:00 pm

On June 21 we welcomed two new members to our family:
[img]Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 Mau_1910[/img]

Name: Tycho Quicksilver
Color: Silver (of course!)
Breeder: Arietta
Born: January 30, 2014
Other pets: Re (see below)
Anything else: What a treat! We've been waiting since the end of December. These two have brought so much energy and joy into our home.

Name: Re (pronounced Ray, like a beam of sunshine! -also an alternate spelling of Ra, the sun-god)
Color: Smoke (go figure)
Breeder: Arietta
Born: February 5, 2014
Other pets: Tycho (see above)

[img]
Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 Mau_2410[/img]

Tycho likes to editorialize:

Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 Mau_3_10

Back to top Go down
Laura_Wintermuse

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Mau!   Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 12:40 pm

Is Tycho female? Tycho Brahe was a man but that cat has a delicate face like a female so I can't tell!

Very interesting facial structure either way - like a cross between my Wintermuse, very delicate like a Russian Princess, and my Solstice, very hardy like a Snow Lynx. Your Tycho has her slim cheeks but a prominent muzzle like Solstice. Interesting, since they're all from the same breeder. Solstice is only one litter ahead of yours, but the parentage might be different. His dad was Happy Feet.

And a smoke! I can't wait to hear more about her. They are so mysterious to me. I'm so happy for you - Mau kittens bring so much joy into your life. My Wintermuse and Solstice for contrast:
Solstice:
Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 IMG_3520-3
Wintermuse:
Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 IMG_3487-2
Solstice being his adorable self:
Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 Photo301
Back to top Go down
curiousjim

curiousjim

PostSubject: More about Tycho & Re   Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 10:43 pm

Hi Laura,

It may surprise you to learn that both Tycho and Re are male. Tycho's sire is Arietta Adam Bishr and his Dam is Arietta Cleopatra. Re, is barely less than one week younger than Tycho and about half his size. His Dam is Arietta Mayassah and his Sire is Arietta Hilmi Hamal, (TICA best of breed Kitten 2012-13).

I agree, Tycho does have a delicate appearance. I will be interested to see how he develops as he grows. Re is very tiny. We were discussing today that we believe we notice they've grown even within the past two weeks. They both have amazing appetites so I anticipate they will continue to grow, but I guess Re will always be small. He makes up for it with his HUGE personality. He craves and demands continuous, undivided attention.

He and Tycho are inseparable. When he was made available to us, we agreed that having a pair would be ideal as we generally work away from home for 8-9 hours. Fortunately we are close, so I can come home many mid-days to check in on the boys and give them some playtime.

Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 Mau_9_10
Re, contemplating a "death-defying" leap.

Back to top Go down
Laura_Wintermuse

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Mau!   Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 11:30 pm

Re's face is very cute there! Your Re and my Solstice share a mother, Mayassah. Smile

Solstice is 10 months old but was a runt of his litter, perhaps like Re? When I picked him up at 4 months, I met his cousins just 1 week older (Almas' kittens) , and they were 1.5x bigger. He still looked like a true kitten, whereas they were more like young cats. At ten months, he is about the same weight as Wintermuse - 7 lbs - with bigger paws and a thicker tail, but he is several inches 'shorter'. I call him a low-rider Wink because he is quite squat. So it doesn't surprise me much to hear that Re is so much smaller despite being the same age as Tycho - I've seen what plain old genetic variation can do. I wonder if the Mayassah line has a bit of smallness? I shouldn't speculate, Evelyn knows for sure.

I've definitely seen Solstice grow. One day, his paws were just.. bigger! But his height has seemed fixed for a few months now. I don't think he'll catch up to Wintermuse. He, too, eats and eats and eats until his tummy bulges from the sides, but he never seems to accumulate the weight. Ah, kittens. I love them. Hope your two are friends for life.
Back to top Go down
kato

kato

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Mau!   Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi curiousjim, welcome to the forum  Smile your two Maus are beautiful you don't often see smoke coloured ones  cat . Hope to see more of your cats as they grow.
Back to top Go down
tmclemore

tmclemore

PostSubject: New Kitten for my Nathalia!   Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:12 am

Hello,

I posted previously and introduced Nathalia Grace, my beautiful silver from Wildtrax Cattery in Arkansas. Around 9 months, she started acting depressed when I was getting ready to leave for work....it made me feel terribly guilty    Sad   So I decided to get her a playmate to keep her company while I was at work. I was adamant about getting a boy, and adopting from the same lineage as my Nathalia. She has uniquely big ears, which I adore, and I wanted my next one to have big ears as well Laughing  To make a long story short, the stars aligned and I got exactly what I wanted, even sooner than I had planned - a very handsome silver boy who is the nephew of Nathalia. I named him Nikolai Sebastian...and the two of them together have managed to turn my household upside down! bounce  Here are a couple of pictures of Nikolai, and one of both Nikolai and Nathalia.

Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 Ry%3D400

More to come as they both grow and mature farao farao

Tammy
Back to top Go down
kato

kato

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Mau!   Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 6:39 pm

Hello Tammy, Your new boy is stunning Very Happy and everybody should have two Mau cats as its twice the fun lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your Mau!   Introduce your Mau! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce your Mau!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Egyptian Maus :: Egyptian Maus :: All About Maus-
Jump to: